Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Good news, Marx'lums

RESISTANCE IS PRIOR TO POWER, and

All of the other classes this semester really blow and/or conflict with the required class, so I am taking Michael Hardt's undergraduate Marx course as originally planned. (I've received the offended party's blessing.) Lecture recordings beginning on Monday, hopefully.

Also: Has anyone seen this new Hummer commercial that presents the Hummer as the solution to natural disasters caused by global warming? Because it's amazing.

5 comments:

C Meade said...

that's amazing. there isn't anything them hummers can't do, is there?

I just purchased a copy of Empire for a course, so I'll see what that's about, I reckon. Also, who's going to South America in the end of May? I am.

a syllabus for the hardt thing, maybe? I'll work on bringing some syllabus-value to this group (as a capitalist course-auditor, i feed of the lectures of others.)

elsie said...

Hey. I'm not sure how to do this publish through Google docs thing? I've been trying to figure it out, but thought maybe I should just ask. Or I can just e-mail the syllabus.

Jillian said...

i love you people.

elsie said...

So my first attempt at recording the seminar was not a success. Very bad sound. I think next time I should aim the microphone part at Hardt, probably. Anyway, it's not a big loss because mostly he talked about the movie Mardi Gras: Made in China. Which I guess is for the purpose of easing us into it. However, I took a few good notes to share. Is there any way we could make a permanently-expanding collaborative glossary of terms somewhere? (Probably not here.)

cristina's butterflycakepan said...

i've been asked to research "digital dictation" systems for the office. that is as close my current life comes to having anything in common with this wonderful discussion.