Monday, September 17, 2007

In the student lounge

there is a fridge and I can keep yogurt there and other stuff too like milk or a sandwich or eggs. and there is a microwave. At the CCRB there are showers and sinks, and there's free wifi everywhere. And I can get mail on campus and send it. And my house never has free pizza parties to celebrate the many ethnic or social identities I'm willing to adopt in exchange for pizza. Why did I ever give up homelessness?
(Parking)
A word to the wise, now that blogger saves my drafts automatically, freeing me to consider things of a more erudite nature... actually all I can think about is the fact that I didn't have to save my draft (because blogger did it for me, automatically!)--but that doesn't seem much better than having to have thought "well, now it's time to save my draft." Also I never saved drafts before, so actually, blogger is screwing me out of time right now. damn that smarts.
PS-does everyone remember how the soul is "the prison of the body"? According to Deleuze and Guattari, there is also "body-image: the last avatar of the soul, a vague conjoining of the requirements of spiritualism and positivism." So the next time that your mother pinches your midsection and tells you you've put on weight, tell her to keep her hands off the last avatar of your soul.
(Your last avatar of the soul?)

No comments: